I need to learn to keep my mouth shut more often.
This is doubly so when my ‘mouth’ is my fingers typing here, on Facebook or, most important, on Twitter where I am known as Spedteacher.
Here’s what happens when I don’t.
I hate when that happens. But it is completely my fault when it does.
So now I’ll be easy to find on most Tuesday evenings starting at 8:30PM NYC time.
#spedchat is for teachers (and not just special ed teachers, either), parents, administrators, students and everyone else with any connection or interest in special education issues.
Topics proposed for the first chat on August 31st are:
- How can parent-teacher relations be improved?
- What do grades mean in special education?
- Is inclusion working for general and special education students?
- How do we get general education teachers to understand? (the current leader in the voting)
- How have school budget cuts affected special education?
You can participate in the decision about what the topic will be by voting here.
To participate in the chat just log onto Twitter ( if you don’t have an account you can get one free, here ), then search for the hashtag #spedchat.
For a better explanation of all of this please visit my co-conspirator and #spedchat moderator Damian Bariexca’s excellent blog.
I hope to see you Tuesday.
I’ll probably get myself into even more trouble.